One of the following tests:
- 17-Mathematics for Social Sciences
The Bachelor Program in Psychology is based on a hands-on approach, the Bologna guidelines and the requirements to become a professional psychologist pursuant to the Portuguese Psychological Association. Thus, we focus on the links between theoretical concepts and their practical application (in specific contexts and in community institutions), fostering contact with real life situations though considering the characteristics of a 1st studies cycle.
We provide our students with enriching experiences at personal and academic levels, so that they gradually develop skills that will allow them to more easily enter the labour market.
- Acquire basic knowledge on general and applied Psychology;
- Further the study on the Person from a holistic perspective;
- Acquire essential knowledge on identifying and understanding the functions and dysfunctions of the Human Being;
- Acquire basic knowledge and develop basic relational skills that allow knowing how to manage personal/group interactions;
- Acquire communication strategies that allow conveying information clearly and accurately, regardless of the target audience;
- Acquire basic methodological and statistical knowledge needed to write academic texts;
- Promote basic knowledge on the tools and techniques of psychological evaluation;
- Master theoretical principles associated to test and diagnosis;
- Become autonomous and responsible to make the students the “authors” of their own learning;
- Promote reflexive learning;
- Acquire knowledge that allow sustained learning and furthering of skills needed to enter a 2nd studies cycle
- Career Opportunities
Graduates in Psychology aiming to be psychologists need to complete a first and a second studies cycle in Psychology. The Bachelor in Psychology (1st cycle) allows furthering your studies to the Master in Psychology (2nd studies cycle). To be a professional psychologist, you must be a member of the Portuguese Psychological Association and comply to the requirements published in Diário da República, 1st series — N.º 171, Law n.º 57/2008, 4 September).
Upon completion of the Bachelor program, graduates may:
- Enter the 2nd studies cycle;
- Attend another Portuguese university or one within the Bologna area;
- Enter the labour market and perform tasks requiring the skills attained in a first studies cycle.
- Attend the Master Program in Clinical Psychology and Counselling, whose completion will allow for clinical psychology practice, from psychological diagnosis to psychological follow-up.