One of the following tests:
The Bachelor in International Relations from Universidade Autónoma de Lisboa opened in 1989 and has since trained hundreds of students.
The six-semester program, in line with the guidelines of the Bologna Process, is offered by the International Relations Department, which also offers the Master in International Relations and the Master in Peace and War Studies, as well as the PhD in International Relations: Geopolitics and Geoeconomics. UAL is the only private university in Portugal that offers the three studies cycles in this field.
In 2015, the study plan of the Bachelor program in International Relations was restructured. The program’s multidisciplinary character was maintained but the last semester now includes field studies that will provide students with the tools to analyses an increasingly complex world.
International Relations are an especially dynamic field and that is reflected in a constant concern of the Department in keeping the Bachelor up-to-date in terms of teaching methodologies and course unit syllabi. Our other priority is the link between teaching and research, in which OBSERVARE – research unit assessed and recognized by FCT – has a relevant role.
- Career Opportunities
- Diplomat or diplomatic officer;
- International officer (in international or European institutions);
- Corporate internationalization consultant (in national and multinational companies);
- Cooperation for development officer (in public organizations or in non-governmental organizations);
- International relations officer (in central or local administration, in unions or political parties);