We teach to think, do and create!
The Communication Sciences Department aims to provide students with a thought-provoking and encompassing learning experience that meets their needs. The Department was founded almost thirty year ago and many of its students are currently acknowledged professionals in the field of Communication. The employment rate of our graduates is 90%.
The Department offers a Bachelor program, a three-year program that provides training in the field of Communication and in some of its sub-fields – in journalism, publicity and organizational communication – and a Master program, a two-year program dedicated to digital communication, designed in partnership with companies working in that area.
In both studies cycles we aim to provide training that links theory and practice. We foster reading and reflection on core themes in Communication and invite students to develop practical projects in technically equipped laboratories that are similar to professional newsrooms.
The Communication Sciences Department also fosters interdisciplinary training through partnerships with other departments at UAL and through student participation in the university’s several activities, such as conferences and colloquiums.
- To develop a critical analysis of the contemporary world with reference to the social and human sciences, particularly in the theoretical and analytical framework of Communication Sciences.
- To promote the acquisition of skills and knowledge necessary for professional work in the area of communication, whether in production, analysis or content management and communication products.
- To foster technical and technological skills to enable the development of content for different media (print, radio, television and digital).
- To develop expertise enabling professional work in the fields of Journalism, Advertising, Marketing and Public Relations.
- To stimulate reflection and awareness of the ethical and social implications inherent to communication activities.