The Bachelor program in History is known for its use of innovative methodologies towards employability and for providing students with solid knowledge that will allow them to further their education. The active methodologies used follow international standards and aim to allow students to take advantage of university exchange programs available.
Students are also invited to become involved in extra-curricular projects and in research activities in the fields of History, Archeology and Heritage. Our study plan thus includes the field of History and its core areas, Institutional, Political, Economic and Social, as well as training in the fields of Archeology and Art History, and in complementary technical fields, namely Paleography and Epigraphy.
The current Bachelor program in History aims to train future professionals for teaching, research, including applied research, and for governmental and municipal public services, archives, libraries, museums, among other activities, such as:
Active participation in municipal bodies in matters of heritage and management of community goods, designing and implementing cultural associations, exhibitions, etc.
Tourism activities – training guides specialized in cultural matters, in designing and planning tourist programs and theme itineraries.
Research and survey of local and regional heritage in its artistic, historical, and ethnological aspects and writing theme monographs.
Consultancy in companies in organizing their archive and writing monographs on these companies.
DHAH Scientific Committee
- Adolfo Silveira Martins
- Alexandra Figueiredo
- Aline Hall de Beuvink
- Armando Luís Gomes de Carvalho Homem
- Duarte Roque Freitas
- Fernando Martins
- João Silva de Sousa
- José Amado Mendes
- José Manuel Louzada Lopes Subtil
- Maria Helena da Cruz Coelho
- Maria Isabel Miguéns de Carvalho Homem
- Miguel Filipe Ferreira Figueira de Faria
- Nuno Monteiro
- Roberta Stumpf
Partnerships and Protocols
DHAH has several important protocols and partnerships, including:
- Instituto Politécnico de Tomar
- Universidade de Salamanca
- Universidad Nebrija
- CIS – Instituto Superior de Ciências Sociais e Relações Internacionais – Luanda
- Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro
- Pontifícia Universidade Católica de Goiás
- Pontifícia Universidade do Rio Grande do Sul
- Pontifícia Universidade de Campinas
- Universidade de S. Paulo
- Universidade Estadual de Feira de Santana
- Universidade Federal de Alagoas
- Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina
- Universidade Federal de Santa Maria
- Universidade Cândido Mendes
- Universidad Veracruzana
- Universidad Columbia de Paraguai
- República Dominicana
- Universidad Autónoma de Santo Domingo