Invited assistant professor at the Architecture Department of Universidade Autónoma de Lisboa since 2015. First degree in History of Art, Universidade de Lisboa (1989). MA in History of Art, Universidade Nova de Lisboa (1998), dissertation: Urban space evolution in Almeida (16th – 18th centuries) – from the walled town to the ‘praça de guerra’. Ph.D. in Architecture (Theory and History of Architecture), Universidade de Coimbra (2009), dissertation: On city and fortification in Portuguese texts (1540-1640).
Researcher at the Institute of Art History at Faculdade de Ciências Sociais e Humanas, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, since 2013. Invited assistant professor at the History of Art Department at the same university, since 2012.
Main research interests: the city and fortifications in the Early Modern period; treatises on architecture, town planning and related areas.