The Studies Centre on Architecture, City and Territory [CEACT] promotes research on Architecture theory and practice.
It aims to
- Contribute to enhancing the quality of architecture theory and practice in Portugal;
- Produce and disseminate R&D projects in the fields of Architecture and Territory Planning;
- Support lecturers and students of the Integrated Master in Architecture;
- Provide support to advanced training of human resources, namely in the scope of academic career development and supervision of Master dissertations and PhD theses;
- Conduct seminars, conferences and activities to disseminate research results and other work conducted within the scope of the Master in Architecture;
- Integrate international research networks, fostering participation of researchers in R&D projects and international conferences;
- Foster publication of books and papers;
- Systematic collection of documents in the field of Architecture and Territory Planning.
- Urban planning and public monuments (in partnership with CICH)
- Contemporary Portuguese architecture
This strand is being implemented. We are currently preparing two research projects for 2013/2014: Colonato de Pegões e Arquitetura Portuguesa durante a 2ª Guerra Mundial.